The SPP Steering Committee is inviting candidatures for the organization of SPP9.
Interested candidates should send their application before May 22th 2017 (GMT+8) at 12:00 (Taipei Time) to both of the following e-mail addresses:
The application consists of a presentation in pdf format (equivalent to a 15 min. oral presentation) addressing the following points of the candidate’s concept for hosting SPP9:
- Presentation of hosting group (should be active in SPP research)
- Tentative date of SPP9 taking into account meteorology, occupation rate/costs of hotels according to season, and the timing of other related conferences.
- Conference venue: Capacity in number of participants: between 400 and 600 (eventually more).
- Cost of conference rooms.
- Video and acoustic devices.
- Proximity of airport and significant number of relevant hotels.
- Possibility of poster sessions.
- Concept for lunches and coffee breaks.
- Internet wireless connection free of charge (or included in conference fee) for all participants during the conference.
Proposed timeline of conference
- Public transportation facilities from hotels to conference venue.
- Hotel rooms category capacity and prices (including lower prices for students).
- Tourism aspects.
Conference website + internet registration & payment
- Possible dates for milestones such as call for abstracts, abstract submission, registrations, ...
- Proportion of invited talks to contributed talks, expected poster papers, number of poster sessions
Details of inclusions in conference fee:
- Conference fee
- Public and private sponsors
- SPP Steering Committee (registrations waived)
- Food & drinks
- Conference rooms
- Acoustic & video devices, laser pointers
- Poster boards
- Poster prizes
- Conference booklet, badges, etc.
- Conference website and internet payment
- Grants for students and eligibility criteria
- Any other costs/income
coffee breaks, lunches, banquet, booklet of abstracts, drinks during poster sessions, wireless internet access,etc.
Any other relevant points
The best applications will be invited to give a 15 min. (max) presentation of their concept for SPP9 to the SPP Steering Committee on Wednesday May 24th, 2017 (GMT+8) (during the dinner time). For this hearing, the candidates are requested to bring 8 paper copies of their slides and to be ready to answer questions on their concept.
The SPP9 conference location and chairperson will be announced by the SPP8 chairman during the closing ceremony SPP8.